Gynaecology is the branch of medicine that focuses on the care of the female reproductive system. We provide a wide scope of services including that of contraception, early pregnancy (including recurrent miscarriages), and issues relating to menstruation, infertility, and menopause as well as sexual health. It also addresses conditions such as fibroids, polyps and ovarian cysts.
With hospital waiting times on the increase, we appreciate that seeing a specialist is now more difficult than ever. Our consultant led women’s health department is headed by Miss Katimada, a well-respected specialist in her field. Whether it is needing pregnancy related assurances to management of the menopause, our expert team will endeavour to provide you with exceptional support alongside accurate and timely diagnoses.
Gynaecology Services offered
- Contraceptive advice with IUCD, IUD and (Copper coil, Merina coil) Nexplanon implant.
- Premenstrual Syndrome
- Hormone Replacement Treatment
- Cervical screening (smear)
- General Gynaecological ultrasound
- Heavy periods, menorrhagia
- Intrauterine Devise insertion
- Pelvic infections
- Painful periods
- Vulval pain
- Vulval skin complaints
- Prolapse and urinary incontinence
Early pregnancy and Post childbirth services offered.
- Consultation and scan in the event of Pain or bleeding in early pregnancy up to 16 weeks
- Consultation and scan in Recurrent Miscarriage
- Reassurance scan and consultations
- Vulval scarring and pain after childbirth.
Gynaecology Services and Price List
Bedford based clinic on high street.
- Initial Consultation - £125.00 (45 min)
- Follow up Consultation - £75.00 (30 min)
- Contraception Removal - £150.00 (30 min)
- Contraception insertion. IUD – Copper Coil - £205.00 (30 min)
- Contraception insertion. IUS – Mirena Coil - £285.00 (30 min)
- Consultation and Ultrasound - £165.00 (30 min)
- Cervical Screening/Smear - £300.00 (30 min)
- Early Pregnancy Scan/Consultation - £165.00 (30 min)
- Incision & Drainage - £175.00 (45 min)
- Ring Pessaries Change - £70.00 (30 min)
- Prolapse Assessment and Pessary Insertion - £155.00 (30 min)
- Anticardiolipin antibodies / Lupus anticoagulant - £95.00
- Anti-beta 2 glycoprotein - £100.00
- hyroid profile and routine bloods (DL2L) - £110.00
- Day 2-3 FSH, LH, Prolactin, Oestradiol FIP - £130.00
- Testosterone - £30.00
- Thyroid profile and Routine Bloods (DL2L) - £100.00
- Day 21 Serum Progesterone - £50.00
- In women over 35 serum Anti Mullerian Hormone - £100.00
- Swab for Chlamydia/Gonorrhoea - £45.00
- Semen Analysis - £200
- Ca 125 - £35.00
- Routine Bloods – DL21 - £50.00
- Coagulation Profile £60.00
- BHCG - 24-hour turnaround time only £75.00
A look at the female hormone levels to see if they are within normal parameters.
LH, FSH, Prolactin, Oestradiol (17 – Beta)
Usually coupled with a basic health screen to check if the patient has reached the menopause via looking at the hormone levels.
LH, FSH, Oestradiol (17 – Beta), TSH, FT4
A comprehensive blood test to look for polycystic ovaries.
Testosterone, SHBG, FAI, FSH, LH, Glucose, Insulin, Lipid Profile FT4/TSH
A blood test to check for any concerns regarding fertility which is the first step to help managing fertility concerns.
- FBC, Renal function, Liver screen, Cholesterol, Fasting glucose
- FSH, LH, Prolactin, Oestradiol, Thyroid, Testosterone, Progesterone, Sexual health Swab Test.
A blood test to test for any concerns regarding male fertility. Usually in combination with a sexual health screen.
Lipid Profile, Glucose, HbA1C, TSH, Prolactin, Total Testosterone, Free Testosterone, PSA
Also known as a sperm count or male fertility test, its results show how many sperm are released, as well as how they are shaped and how well they move.
A hormone produced in the placenta of a pregnant woman, which starts to be produced around 6 days after fertilisation. A specific blood test that can detect hCG and confirm or exclude pregnancy.
A comprehensive set of blood test to investigate possible causes for recurrent miscarriages which is the first step to manage the problem.
- FBC, Renal Function, Liver Screen, Cholesterol, Fasting glucose, Thyroid Screen.
- Anti-beta 2 glycoprotein, Anticardiolipin antibodies / Lupus anticoagulant
"I was seen by Dr Katimada at The Medic Clinic Bedford, she was professional and very helpful. Dr Katimada is a compassionate doctor, very knowledgeable and I cannot praise her enough. I highly recommend her and The Medic clinic. Excellent clinic, friendly staff and the service is just brilliant. I have travelled all the way from Heathrow area to Bedford to have this consultation and it was worth it. I would give 10 stars if I could. Thanks again."
"I drove up from London to visit The Medic Clinic to see Dr Katimada (Consultant Gynaecologist) and it was everything I could have hoped for and more. As soon as I entered the clinic I felt confident the journey was worth it and I was in exactly the right place. Haleemah and the other staff were welcoming, professional and efficient. Dr Katimada was absolutely amazing. She took time to listen to me, gave me time to make a decision about how to proceed and most importantly made me feel like a human being. She explained everything really clearly and answered all of my questions which helped reassure me and nothing was too much to ask which helped me feel at ease. They even got a medication delivered from Cambridge within a couple of hours so I could receive treatment there and then - this is truly a clinic run by staff who’s care and mission is genuine, heartfelt and sincere. I will definitely being going back to see Dr Katimada again and I highly recommend this clinic. You will be in very safe hands.
P.s. Haleemah makes a brilliant cup of tea!"
"I had an appointment with Dr Katimada to remove and replace the Nexplanon implant. This was because I was told the waiting list for NHS could be months.
The Clinic is spotless, the staff are amazing and the price was very reasonable compared to others I checked out.
Dr Katimada was fantastic, she put me at ease straight away, explained everything in full and even put some music on of my choice to help me relax during the procedure. All in all, I can't recommend her highly enough, I didn't feel a thing, not even the scratch from the local anaesthetic. Brilliant service and worth every penny.