Gynaecology is the branch of medicine that focuses on the care of the female reproductive system. We provide a wide scope of services including that of contraception, early pregnancy (including recurrent miscarriages), and issues relating to menstruation, infertility, and menopause as well as sexual health. It also addresses conditions such as fibroids, polyps and ovarian cysts.
With hospital waiting times on the increase, we appreciate that seeing a specialist is now more difficult than ever. Our consultant led women’s health department is headed by Miss Katimada, a well-respected specialist in her field. Whether it is needing pregnancy related assurances to management of the menopause, our expert team will endeavour to provide you with exceptional support alongside accurate and timely diagnoses.
Gynaecology Services offered
- Contraceptive advice with IUCD, IUD and (Copper coil, Merina coil) Nexplanon implant.
- Premenstrual Syndrome
- Hormone Replacement Treatment
- Cervical screening (smear)
- General Gynaecological ultrasound
- Heavy periods, menorrhagia
- Intrauterine Devise insertion
- Pelvic infections
- Painful periods
- Vulval pain
- Vulval skin complaints
- Prolapse and urinary incontinence
Early pregnancy and Post childbirth services offered.
- Consultation and scan in the event of Pain or bleeding in early pregnancy up to 16 weeks
- Consultation and scan in Recurrent Miscarriage
- Reassurance scan and consultations
- Vulval scarring and pain after childbirth.